Bowling Green at Miami Game Notes
Follow @MiamiRedHawks and @MiamiOH_Bball on Twitter
Jan. 18, 2012
Box Score |
Bowling Green at Miami
January 18, 2012 Millett Hall Oxford, Ohio
- Miami's 65-57 loss marked the fifth time this year that the RedHawks lost following a victory. Miami has yet to win back-to-back games this season. Bowling Green avoided losing three in a row for the first time this year.
- Bowling Green's Scott Thomas set a school record with eight steals. He added 11 points and 11 rebounds.
- Miami was outrebounded 32-28, the third straight time that the opponent has won the battle of the boards. The RedHawks have been outrebounded nine times in 16 games this season.
- Miami's 15 assists were the most in seven games and tied for the second-most all season. However, the 16 turnovers committed by the RedHawks on Wednesday were their most in six games.
- Vince Lagarza tied career highs for minutes and rebounds in the contest. His 18 minutes and five boards equaled the same totals at Kent State on Jan. 23, 2011.
- Julian Mavunga dished out seven assists, tying his career high. He had seven on two other occasions, the last vs. Ball State on Feb. 1 of last year.