All They Do Is Win At New Mexico Classic|
Feb. 4, 2017
Dior Hall won the women’s 60m hurdles, the men’s 4x400m relay team won with a school record and USC went 1-2-3 in the men’s shot put during the final day of the New Mexico Classic held at the Albuquerque Convention Center today (Feb. 4).
• Hall won the women’s 60m hurdles race with a time of 8.14, comfortably in front of professional heptathlete Erica Bougard who was second at 8.28.
• USC’s 4x400m relay team of Michael Norman, Just’N Thymes, Zyaire Clemes and Ricky Morgan Jr. won with a school-record time of 3:05.57. That time is third on the NCAA descending order list, just behind two Texas A&M quartets.
• Nathan Bultman had a PR of 61-10.25 (18.85m) to win the men’s shot put competition and move into seventh on USC’s all-time list in the event. Matthew Katnik placed second with a season-best mark of 61-2.25 (18.65m) and Nick Ponzio made it a 1-2-3 finish for the Trojans by taking third with a best throw of 59-2.00 (18.03m). Katnik had five shot puts over 18.00m in his series.
• Morgan Jr. had a season-best time of 46.70 to take third in his men’s 400m heat and finished third overall, second among the college runners.
• Brittany Mann placed third in the women’s shot put with a best mark of 54-7.50 (16.65m). That throw came in her second attempt and was her only legal throw on the day. Her mark also improved her second-place standing on USC’s all-time list in the event.