Ford Wins M-800m, Second Place For Barnum in the M-100m & Berry in the W-1500m At Triton Invitational|
April 22, 2017
Robert Ford won the men’s 800m race, Alexander Barnum took second in the men’s 100m dash and Chloe Berry placed second in the women’s 1500m race during the final day of the Triton Invitational in San Diego, Calif. today (April 22). In all, seven Trojans set personal bests in an event.
• Ford won the men’s 800m race with a season-best time of 1:48.90. Five other Trojans competed in the men’s 800m race led by Joshua Zavala with a PR of 1:54.26 (15th), Alexander Rohani at 1:55.01 (18th), Matthew Myrtue at 1:56.64 (23rd), Trent Rule with a PR of 1:58.52 (33rd) and Mitchell Cameron at 1:58.69 (36th).
• Barnum had a PR of 10.63 (-1.7) to place second in the men’s 100m dash. Christian Sourapas had a time of 10.71 (-1.7) to finish third in the men’s 100m race. He also ran 22.42 (-2.9) to finish 11th in the men’s 200m dash.
• Berry led four Trojans in the women’s 1500m race, taking second with a PR of 4:33.65. Amber Gore had a PR of 4:39.02 to place sixth in the 1500m race, Madison Ricks had a time of 4:48.27 to finish 14th and Lauren Maurer had a time of 4:53.15 to finish 22nd.
• In the women’s 800m race, Mikaela Smith had a time of 2:10.33 to place eighth, Lorea Ibarzabal had a time of 2:11.63 to finish ninth, Berry had a time of 2:14.24 to finish 14th and Kamryn Weber had a PR of 2:14.31 to finish 15th.
• Trent Rule had a time of 3:59.60 to finish 16th in the men’s 1500m race.
• Kennedy Gillian had a season-best time of 57.13 to finish ninth in the women’s 400m race.
• Lopes also had a time of 25.34 (-2.3) to finish 15th in the women’s 200m race and Alexa Harmon-Thomas had a time of 26.85 (-0.7) to finish 43rd.
• Tanya Sapa placed sixth in the women’s shot put Invitational with a throw of 54-8.25 (16.67m).
• David Sellens had a throw of 177-9 (54.18m) to fake 20th and Jason Kim a PR of 156-2 (47.60m) to finish 29th in the men’s Invitational hammer throw.