Sept. 27, 2015
Final Stats |
L.A. Memorial Coliseum - Los Angeles, Cailf.
Saturday, Sept. 26, 2015
- Sr. QB Cody Kessler is now fifth on USC's career completions chart (642), passing Rodney Peete (630) today. He is now third on USC's career TD pass chart (74), passing Carson Palmer (72).
- Kessler has now thrown for at least one TD pass in 27 of 31 starts, at least two TDs 19 times, at least three TDs 12 times, at least four TDs nine times and has thrown for five or more TDs four times. He threw for more than 300 yards for the 10th time of his career (second time this year).
- Kessler's 80-yard TD pass to Adoree' Jackson was his fifth scoring pass of at least 41 yards this year. The first four went to JuJu-Smith Schuster.
- Adoree' Jackson's 80-yard TD reception was a career-long, besting his 71-yarder against Nebraska last year. He recorded his first career 100-yard receiving day today.
- So. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster has now caught at least one TD pass in four straight games. He went over 100 yards receiving for the third straight game (fifth time of his career).
- The last time USC had two receivers with at least 100 yards receiving in the same game was against Colorado last year (Smith-Schuster and Nelson Agholor).
- USC has used at least 13 true freshmen in each game this year. Troy played a significant amount of time on defense tonight with as many as five true freshmen playing simultaneously (at times that included three frosh LBs Cameron Smith, Osa Masina and Porter Gustin and DBs Iman Marshall and Marvin Tell III).
- So. safety John Plattenburg's second-quarter interception was the first of his career.
- USC recorded forced fumbles and fumble recoveries on back-to-back plays in the final minute of the first half. First, sophomore safety Chris Hawkins returned a forced fumble 94 yards for a TD (force by Sr. DT Delvon Simmons) and then Jr. LB Quinton Powell forced a fumble on the ensuing kickoff, recovered by Sr. FB Soma Vainuku, leading to Kessler's fourth TD pass of the first half.
- Hawkins' fumble return for a score was USC's second this year (Osa Masina returned one 46 yards for a score against Arkansas St. in the opener).
- USC has received opening kickoff four straight games and been the first team to score each game.