USC vs. UCLA
Nov. 28, 2015
Final Stats |
USATSI Photo Gallery
USC vs. UCLA
L.A. Memorial Coliseum Los Angeles, Calif.
Saturday, Nov. 28, 2015
- USC defeated UCLA for the first time since 2011, improving to 45-31-7 in the series (not including two wins vacated due to NCAA penalty. Original record 47-31-7).
- Sr. QB Cody Kessler has thrown at least one TD pass in 33 of 39 starts and two or more TDs 24 times.
- Kessler passed Matt Leinart and moved into third place on USC’s career passing chart (based on completions) and now has 811. Leinart had 807. Matt Barkley holds the USC record (1001) while Carson Palmer is second (927).
- Kessler passed 3,000 passing yards for the second year in a row. He now has 3,128, 11th on the season chart.
- Kessler is the fourth Trojan ever to throw for more than 10,000 career yards. He now has 10,151.
- Kessler’s 15 completions were a season low and his fewest since USC won at Stanford in 2014. The last time he had less was against California in 2013 when he was 14-of-17.
- Kessler now has 258 completions this year, eighth on the season chart. His 315 in 2015 is the USC season record.
- Kessler’s 1-yard TD run in the second quarter was his third rushing TD of this year, sixth of his career.
- So. WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, with 6 receptions today, is now 10th on USC’s single-season reception chart with 74. On USC’s career chart, he is now tied for 15th (128).
- Fr. TB Ronald Jones, with 63 rushing yards, now has 890 this season, breaking Charles White’s USC freshman season record of 858 set in 1976.
- Jr. TB Justin Davis finished with 130 yards rushing, his second 100-yard rushing game in a row and third of his career.
- USC’s 235 rushing yards was its second most this year and most since 284 vs. Idaho.
- CB-WR-PR-KOR Adoree’ Jackson’s 42-yard punt return for a score was his second in as many weeks, the first two of his career. USC’s school record for punt returns TDs in a season is three (Jim Sears, 1952). USC’s career record is four (Nelson Agholor, 2012-14).
- Fr. DT Rasheem Green’s 31-yard third-quarter fumble return for a score was USC’s third fumble return for a TD this year (Chris Hawkins, Osa Masina).
- Green’s TD makes him the sixth USC true freshman to score a TD this year.
- Claude Pelon’s third-quarter sack (his first solo this year)/forced fumble that led to Green’s TD was his first forced fumble this year.
- Fr. CB Iman Marshall’s two second-half interceptions give him a team-high-tying three this year.
- Jr. LB Scott Felix recorded his fourth sack of the season, Sr. DE Greg Townsend Jr. his third, So. LB Olajuwon Tucker his 2.5.
- RS Jr. PK Alex Wood converted a 30-yard FG to open the scoring and a 21-yarder in the second quarter, making him 12-of-16 this year.
- Jr. WR Darreus Rogers’ third-quarter TD reception was his second this year, sixth of career.
- USC has trailed at the end of the first quarter in 7 straight games. Troy won 5 of those games.
- Jackson made his first career start at safety today and freshman linebacker Porter Gustin made his first career start. Gustin is the fifth true freshman to start at least one game this year, the others CB Iman Marshall, LB Cameron Smith, OT Chuma Edoga and TE Tyler Petite. USC has used at least 11 true freshmen in each game this year.
- USC had more time of possession (40:01) for the sixth time this year, all under Clay Helton.
- USC scored its most points against UCLA today since its 50-0 win in 2011, its third most since USC’s 66-19 win in 2005.