LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Northwestern|
Trojan freshman midfielder Kerrigan Miller scored a hat trick, which included the game-winning goal in overtime
Feb. 18, 2017
- USC improved to 2-3 in its all-time series with Northwestern and has won each of the last two.
- The Trojans earned their first-ever overtime victory in five all-time tries. It was USC's second overtime contest in its last three games (at Syracuse, May 21, 2016).
- USC has won 22 of its last 23 games; 29 of the last 33.
- The Women of Troy earned their 10th win over a ranked team and the program's sixth over a top-10 team.
- Freshman midfielder Kerrigan Miller scored her first-career hat trick, which include the game-winning goal with four seconds remaining in the first half of overtime.
- Junior goalie Gussie Johns put up a career-high 17 saves (10 goals against) and tied a USC single-game record (Courtney Tarleton) with eight ground balls. The 17-save performance ranks second all-time in USC single-game history. Johns picked up her 106th-career ground ball to move into second in program history. The eight ground balls also tied the third-highest total in MPSF history.
- Senior midfielder Drew Jackson scored her third-career hat trick and had four points (one assist).
- Junior defender Lydia Sutton tied her career best with five ground balls and also caused three turnovers.