LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Stetson|
Four Trojans scored hat tricks to give USC its third win of the season
Feb. 26, 2017
- USC improved to 2-0 all-time against Stetson.
- The Trojans were playing only their second all-time game in the state of Florida and improved to 1-1.
- The Women of Troy improved to 5-9 all-time in games played on the East Coast.
- Stetson's three losses this season are each to Mountain Pacific Sports Federation (MPSF) teams. Fresno State (Feb. 16) defeated the Hatters, 18-9, and Colorado (Feb. 19) won, 22-3; each time in DeLand, Fla.
- USC has now won 23 of its last 25 games and 30 of the last 35.
- Eight Trojans scored goals in the win including four players with hat tricks.
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael notched her program-best 28th-career hat trick with three goals and two assists.
- With five points, Michael reached 220 career points and moved into ninth place in MPSF history. She passed Kristie Leggio (215) of Denver (2006-07) and Shannon Propst (219) of Oregon (2011-14).
- Senior attacker Gabby McMahon scored three goals and had an assist and put her second-career hat trick in the books.
- Freshman midfielder Kerrigan Miller had a career-high four goals and also had an assist. The hat trick was the second of her career and moves her and McMahon into a tie for 11th for most career hat tricks at USC.
- Junior attacker Alexis Kardias scored a career-high three goals for the first hat trick of her career. She becomes the 15th USC player to score at least three goals in a single game.
- Sophomore midfielder Allie Gershman matched her career high with three caused turnovers and set a new career mark with three ground balls.