Postgame Notes: USC-UC Davis|
The USC women's lacrosse team got its first MPSF victory of the season by taking down previously undefeated UC Davis
March 14, 2014
Final Stats |
- USC improved to 2-0 in games against UC Davis. Last year, the Trojans claimed a 12-7 win over the Aggies in Davis, Calif., on March 6, 2013.
- The Trojans improved to 2-0 in MPSF openers all-time. Last season, USC defeated Saint Mary’s College, 17-8, in its conference opener on Feb. 24, 2013.
- USC defeated an undefeated opponent for the first time in program history. UC Davis entered today’s game with an unblemished 5-0 record.
- The Trojans held the Aggies to just two first-half goals which was the second fewest in a half by a USC opponent. Previously, Fresno State scored just one goal in the first half of a 19-1 loss to the Trojans on April 20, 2013.
- Freshmen attacker Annie Ruland and midfielder Michaela Michael each recorded hat tricks in the first half alone. Michael led all players on the day with four goals. Each of Ruland’s and Michael’s hat tricks were scored on consecutive goals by each player.