LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Stony Brook|
The Women of Troy have won five straight games; the second-longest streak in program history
March 14, 2016
- USC improved to 5-0 for the first time in program history.
- The five-game winning streak is the second longest in program history. The program long is seven games achieved in 2015.
- The Trojans evened their all-time series with Stony Brook at one-all and avenged a 7-4 defeat suffered last year in Stony Brook, N.Y.
- The Women of Troy defeated its second ranked team in the last four games; the first time the team has earned wins over more than one ranked opponent in the same season.
- USC ran its winning streak at McAlister Field to 11 straight and improved to 19-8 all-time on the field.
- Through five games, USC is out-scoring its opponents, 77-28, for an average margin of victory of 9.80 goals per game.
- Junior attacker Michaela Michael had her 18th-career hat-trick game and logged a career best with three assists.
- Sophomore goalie Gussie Johns had a season-high nine saves.
- Junior attacker Kylie Drexel scored four goals to produce her fifth-career hat trick game; the second time this season that she has scored four goals in a single game.