LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Ohio State|
Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored six goals in the Trojans’ romp over the Buckeyes in the Garden State
March 26, 2017
- USC and Ohio State met for the first time.
- The Trojans and the Buckeyes played on Wilkins Field on the campus of Mountain Lakes High School in Mountain Lakes, N.J.; the alma mater of fifth-year USC head coach Lindsey Munday.
- An unofficial record crowd of 2,552 spectators watched the game at the high school's turf football field.
- The Women of Troy improved to 7-11 all-time in games played on the East Coast.
- USC had three players score hat tricks in the same game for the fourth time this season. Stetson (Feb. 26); New Hampshire (March 13); Dartmouth (March 19).
- The Trojans' win snapped a two-game losing streak; the first such streak since the opening of the 2015 season.
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored a season-high six goals in the win. It was her third-career six-goal game and the 32nd-career hat trick for Michael.
- Senior attacker Kylie Drexel put up the 12th hat trick of her career with three goals.
- Senior midfielder Drew Jackson notched a new career mark with three ground balls.
- Freshman midfielder Kerrigan Miller matched career highs with four ground balls and three caused turnovers.