LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Northwestern|
Three Trojans scored hat tricks to propel USC to a 14-11 win over Northwestern
April 15, 2016
- USC improves to 14-0 for the first time in program history, continuing the program's best start to a season.
- The 14-game winning streak is the longest in program history.
- The Trojans' 14 wins matches the program's highest single-season total for wins set in 2015.
- USC defeated Northwestern for the first time in four tries and improved to 1-3 in the all-time series.
- The Trojans were out-shot for just the third time this season, but were efficient on offense with a 17-for-18 shots on goal percentage and scored 14 goals on just those 18 shots.
- Northwestern's two-goal lead, 3-1, was the largest lead by any USC opponent this season.
- The Wildcats scored goals at 3:38 (Kaleigh Craig) and 3:21 (Spring Sanders) in the second half. The 17-second differential was the shortest time between opponent goals this season.
- Three Trojans had hat tricks to mark the 14th game (out of 14) that at least one player has scored a hat trick.
- Senior attacker Caroline deLyra scored a hat trick and had her 25th-career game with three goals or more.
- Senior midfielder Amanda Johansen scored a hat trick and had her 20th-career game with three goals or more.
- Junior attacker Kylie Drexel scored a hat trick and had her eighth-career game with three goals or more.
- Senior defender Kaitlyn Couture had a career-high four ground balls.