LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Stanford|
The Women of Troy clinched the top seed in the MPSF tournament with their win over the Cardinal
April 22, 2016
Recap | Final Stats
- USC improves to 16-0 for the first time in program history, continuing the program’s best start to a season.
- The Trojans remain one of just two undefeated teams in the nation (No. 1 Maryland, 15-0).
- The 16-game winning streak is the longest in program history.
- USC defeated its fifth IWLCA-ranked opponent this season, the third in a row. The win more than doubles the total number of ranked teams defeated in the program’s first three seasons (2).
- The Trojans clinched a share of the program’s first-ever MPSF regular-season title and with it, the top seed in the upcoming MPSF tournament (April 28-May 1).
- The Trojans’ 16 wins is the program’s highest single-season total for victories, surpassing 2015’s total of 14.
- USC improved to 2-3 in all-time games against Stanford including a 2-0 mark at the Coliseum.
- The Trojans improved to 2-2 in all-time games played in the Coliseum: two wins over Stanford and two losses to Northwestern.
- At least one Trojan scored three goals or more for the 15th time in 16 games.
- USC held its 14th opponent under 10 goals in 16 games this season.
- Junior attacker Michaela Michael scored four goals to log her 24th career game with three goals or more.
- Senior midfielder Amanda Johansen scored a hat trick for her 21st career game with at least three goals.