LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. UC Davis|
The Women of Troy clinched their first outright regular-season league title and stayed undefeated at 17-0
April 24, 2016
- USC improves to 17-0 for the first time in program history, continuing the program's best start to a season.
- The Trojans remain one of just two undefeated teams in the nation (No. 1 Maryland, 16-0).
- The 17-game winning streak is the longest in program history and ties the longest streak in MPSF history (Denver, 2014).
- USC's 17 wins are the most in program history and the third most in a single season by any MPSF team (Denver, 19 in 2014; Denver, 18 in 2013).
- The Women of Troy defeated an opponent by a double-digit margin for the ninth time this season.
- USC won its 16th straight home game; their 15th straight at McAlister Field and improved to 23-8 all-time at McAlister Field.
- The Trojans clinched program's first-ever outright MPSF regular-season title and with it, the top seed in the upcoming MPSF tournament (April 28-May 1).
- USC improved to 4-0 in its all-time series with UC Davis.
- USC held its 15th opponent under 10 goals in 17 games this season.
- The Trojans started all seniors in the game with Cassandra Collins in goal. Collins was the goalie of record in the victory and collected her first-career win.
- Collins had career highs of three caused turnovers and three ground balls.
- Junior attacker Kylie Drexel tied her career high with three ground balls.
- Senior midfielder Kelsey Dreyer tied her career highs with three points and two goals.
- Senior goalie Liz Shaeffer had a career-high three caused turnovers.
- Senior defender Courtney Tarleton scored her first-career goal on just the second shot of her career.