LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Colorado (MPSF Championship Game)|
The Women of Troy defeated Colorado, 16-11, to secure the MPSF's automatic bid into the NCAA championship tournament
April 30, 2017
- USC won its second consecutive Mountain Pacific Sports Federation championship. It is the final MPSF tournament title to be awarded in women's lacrosse as USC joins the Pac-12 Conference for the 2018 season.
- The Trojans improved to 4-1 all-time against Colorado and have won each of the last four meetings with CU.
- The Women of Troy improved to 5-3 in all-time MPSF tournament games.
- The Trojans won their 22nd straight game against MPSF opponents including postseason meetings.
- USC's 16th win this season is the second-highest total in program history (20 in 2016).
- The Trojans won their 10th straight game; the team's longest winning streak this season and the second longest in program history.
- USC has now won 36 of its last 40 games.
- The Trojans won their 25th consecutive home game (McAlister Field and LA Memorial Coliseum combined). The win was USC's 22nd consecutive on McAlister Field.
- USC had three players score hat tricks in the same game for the eighth time this season. Stetson (Feb. 26); New Hampshire (March 13); Dartmouth (March 19); Ohio State (March 26); Fresno State (March 31); UC Davis (April 23); and San Diego State (April 28).
- For the first time this season, the Trojans had four players score hat tricks in the same game. It was the fifth such game in program history and the first time that four Trojans had hat tricks since April 12, 2015 (vs. Denver). The school record is five players with hat tricks (Feb. 15, 2013; vs. Presbyterian).
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored four goals (or more) in a game for the 17th time in her career and secured a hat trick for the 40th time in her career. In the process, she set a new USC and MPSF single-season record for goals with 71. She broke a more-than decade old record when she passed Katie McMahon of UC Davis (69 goals in 2005).
- Michael also set a new MPSF single-season record for draw controls. She moved her 2017 total to 126 draw controls, which breaks her old league record of 123 set in 2015.
- Junior goalie Gussie Johns picked up nine ground balls to set a new school record and tied the second-highest single-game total in MPSF history. It also extends her MPSF single-season record to 85 ground balls.
- Senior attacker Gabby McMahon scored a career-high four goals and secured her fourth-career hat trick game.
- Senior attacker Cynthia Del Core scored three goals for her 12th-career hat trick, which moved her into fifth place among USC players in career hat-trick games.
- Freshman midfielder Kaeli Huff scored three goals for her second-career hat trick.
- For the first time in 20 years, Stanford was not in the MPSF (or other previous leagues) postseason title game.