LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Denver|
The Women of Troy earned a 17-9 victory over the defending conference champions in the semifinals
May 1, 2015
- USC won its second straight game against Denver and improved to 2-3 in the all-time series history.
- The Trojans will advance to the MPSF Tournament Final for the first time in program history. USC had previously been to the semifinals (2013) and the quarterfinals (2014).
- The Women of Troy continued to extend on a program record for wins in a single season with their 13th.
- Sophomore attacker Michaela Michael finished with seven draw controls to up her season total to 104, and set a new MPSF and USC single-season record. Both marks were previously held by Amanda Johansen, who had 100 draw controls in 2013.
- Michael scored five goals against Denver to mark the fourth time this season that she has had five or more goals in a game. She also ran her season total to 51 goals, which matches the USC school record for goals in a single season held by Caroline de Lyra (2013).
- Johansen tied her career high and had her second game this season with three assists; the third of her career.
- Sophomore attacker Kylie Drexel matched a career mark and had her second game with three assists this season.
- Sophomore attacker Cynthia Del Core scored a hat trick to log her third game this season with three goals or more. She scored four in two other games.
- Freshman goalie Gussie Johns finished with 10 saves; her second-career game in double digits for saves.