LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Stanford|
USC sophomore attacker Michaela Michael scored five goals and had four draw controls for the Trojans
May 3, 2015
- USC dropped to 1-3 in all-time meetings with Stanford. It was the first time that the Trojans met the Cardinal in the MPSF Tournament.
- The Trojans played their first-ever MPSF championship game. USC had previously been to the quarterfinals (2014) and the semifinals (2013) before the field was expanded to six teams.
- The Women of Troy completed the season with a school-record 13 wins.
- Sophomore attacker Michaela Michael finished with four draw controls to up her season total to 108 and extend her MPSF single-season and USC single-season school records.
- Michael scored five goals against Stanford to mark the fifth time this season that she has had five or more goals in a game. She also ran her season total to 56 goals, to set a new USC single-season record.
- Freshman goalie Gussie Johns finished with 10 saves; her third-career game in double digits for saves.