May 8, 2015
Final Stats |
- USC played in and won its first-ever NCAA tournament game.
- The Trojans faced James Madison for the first time in program history and are now 1-0 against the Dukes.
- The victory over No. 19-ranked JMU is USC's second-ever win over a ranked team. The first was an 11-10 decision over a 13th-ranked Stanford on April 20, 2014.
- The Women of Troy extended their program record to 14 wins in a single season.
- USC played its first-ever game in the state of North Carolina and improved its record in games played on the East Coast to 4-6 overall.
- The Trojans committed a school-record low six fouls against James Madison. The team's previous low was seven fouls against Brown on March 22, 2013.
- Sophomore attacker Michaela Michael finished with nine draw controls to up her season total to 117 and extend her MPSF single-season and USC single-season school records.
- Michael scored five goals against James Madison to mark the sixth time this season that she has had five or more goals in a game. It was her third consecutive five-goal game. She also ran her season total to 61 goals, to extend her school record.
- Junior attacker Caroline de Lyra scored a hat trick on the Dukes for her sixth goal with three of more goals this season.
- Junior defender Courtney Tarleton picked up four ground balls against James Madison - her third game this season with four ground balls or more.