LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Jacksonville (NCAA First Round)|
The Women of Troy advance to the second round of the NCAA championship where they will face third-seeded Florida
May 12, 2017
- USC and Jacksonville met for the first time.
- The Trojans improved to 3-2 in all-time NCAA tournament games. USC will play in an NCAA second-round game for the third consecutive season.
- The Women of Troy improved to 8-11 all-time in games played on the East Coast.
- USC's 17th win this season is the second-highest total in program history (20 in 2016).
- The Trojans won their 11th straight game; the team's longest winning streak this season and the second longest in program history (20 in 2016).
- USC has now won 37 of its last 41 games.
- USC had at least three players score hat tricks in the same game for the ninth time this season. The previous eight were: Stetson (Feb. 26); New Hampshire (March 13); Dartmouth (March 19); Ohio State (March 26); Fresno State (March 31); UC Davis (April 23); San Diego State (April 28); and Colorado (April 30).
- For the second time this season and in the second straight game, the Trojans had four players score hat tricks. It was the sixth such game in program history. The school record is five players with hat tricks (Feb. 15, 2013; vs. Presbyterian).
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored four goals (or more) in a game for the 18th time in her career and secured a hat trick for the 41st time in her career. She extends the USC and MPSF single-season record for goals to 75.
- Michael grabbed 10 draw controls and reached double-digits in a game for the 10th time in her career. She moved her 2017 total to 136 draw controls, which extends a USC and MPSF single-season mark.
- Senior attacker Cynthia Del Core scored three goals for her 13th-career hat trick.
- Freshman midfielder Kaeli Huff scored three goals for her third-career hat trick.
- Senior attacker Kylie Drexel scored three goals (and had three assists) for her 16th-career hat trick.