LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Florida (NCAA Second Round)|
The Women of Troy will play in their second consecutive NCAA quarterfinal game after upending third-seeded Florida
May 14, 2017
- USC avenged an early-season loss to the Gators and improved to 1-1 all-time against Florida (15-10 loss on Feb. 24, 2017).
- The Trojans improved to 4-2 in all-time NCAA tournament games. USC will play in an NCAA quarterfinal game for the second consecutive season and the second time in program history.
- The Women of Troy improved to 9-11 all-time in games played on the East Coast.
- USC's 18th win this season is the second-highest total in program history (20 in 2016).
- The Trojans won their 12th straight game; the team's longest winning streak this season and the second longest in program history (20 in 2016).
- USC has now won 38 of its last 42 games.
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael scored two goals to extend her USC and MPSF single-season record for goals to 77.
- Michael grabbed seven draw controls to move her 2017 total to 143 draw controls, which extends a USC and MPSF single-season mark.
- Senior attacker Cynthia Del Core scored four goals for her 14th-career hat trick.
- Freshman midfielder Kerrigan Miller scored three goals for her sixth-career hat trick. Miller's two free-position goal set a new career mark.
- Senior attacker Kylie Drexel picked up a career-high four ground balls.