LAX Postgame Notes: USC vs. Stanford (NCAA 2nd Rd)|
The Women of Troy are the first MPSF team ever to advance to the NCAA quarterfinals
May 15, 2016
- USC advances to the NCAA championship quarterfinals for the first time in program history and is the first-ever MPSF team to advance that far in the NCAA tournament. The win improved the Women of Troy to 2-1 in all-time NCAA tournament games.
- The Trojans improved to 20-0 to set new MPSF records for wins in a season and consecutive victories.
- USC remains one of just two undefeated teams in the nation (No. 1 Maryland, 20-0).
- The Trojans improved to 4-3 all-time against Stanford and won their third straight game over the Cardinal.
- USC held its 18th opponent under 10 goals in 20 games this season.
- Junior attacker Michaela Michael scored her 66th goal of the season, which ties for fourth (Katie McMahon, UC Davis 2004) in MPSF single-season history. With three goals, Michael scored the 26th hat trick + of her career.
- Michael led all players with eight draw controls and moved to 103 draw controls this season, which ranks second all-time in MPSF single-season history. The only player above her is herself (2015, 123 DC).
- Junior attacker Kylie Drexel scored three goals for her ninth-career hat trick + game.
- Senior attacker Caroline deLyra scored three goals for her 26th-career hat trick + game.