LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Boston College (NCAA Quarterfinal)|
The Trojans' comeback bid falls short to the host Boston College Eagles in the Elite Eight.
May 20, 2017
- USC had its 12-game winning streak snapped. It was the second-best winning streak in program history (20 in 2016).
- The Trojans were handed their first defeat since losing at Stony Brook, 7-9, on March 24th.
- For the second-consecutive year, the Trojans were eliminated in the quarterfinals of the NCAA Tournament.
- The Trojans are now 0-3 all-time against Boston College (.000).
- USC is now 4-3 all-time in NCAA Tournament games and 1-3 in NCAA Tournament road games.
- The Trojans fell to 9-12 in all-time games played on the East Coast.
- Boston College's 20 goals are the most scored against USC by an opponent this season.
- USC's 18 wins this season is the second-highest total in program history.
- Senior attacker Michaela Michael finishes her USC career first all-time in points with 305 (234g, 71a) and goals (234) and second all-time in assists (71).
- Michael also scored her 78th goal of the season, which puts her first all-time for single-season goals at USC.
- Senior attacker Kylie Drexel finishes her USC career fourth all-time in points with 175 (108g, 67a); third all-time in assists (67); and third all-time in draw controls (63).
- Senior attacker Cynthia Del Core scored a hat trick for her 15th-career game with at least three goals and finishes her USC career fifth all-time in points with 137 (94g, 43a), goals scored (94), and assists (43).
- Senior attacker Gabby McMahon finishes her USC career sixth all-time in points with 97 (74g, 23a); fifth all-time in caused turnovers (49); sixth all-time in assists (23); and seventh all-time in goals (74) and ground balls (75).
- Senior attacker Drew Jackson scored a hat trick for her sixth career game with at least three goals and finishes her career tied for eighth all-time at USC with 59 points (41g, 18a).
- Senior defender Nina Kelty finishes her USC career fourth all-time in caused turnovers with 50 and fifth all-time in ground balls with 85.
- Freshman Kerrigan Miller is now tenth all-time at USC with 54 points (36g, 18a).