LAX Postgame Notes: USC at Syracuse (NCAA Quarterfinal)|
The Women of Troy came up short in a 12-11 finish at the Carrier Dome in the NCAA quarterfinals
May 21, 2016
- USC suffered its first and only loss of the 2016 season and finished with a 20-1 overall record.
- The Trojans fell to Syracuse in the teams' first-ever meeting.
- The Women of Troy fell to 0-4 in all-time overtime games. It was the only overtime game played by USC this season.
- USC had its MPSF-record 20-game winning streak snapped.
- The Trojans fell to 4-8 in all-time games played on the east coast.
- Syracuse's 12 goals are the most scored against USC by an opponent this season.
- The one-goal final margin was the fourth such finish for the Trojans this year. The other three were victories.
- Junior attacker Michaela Michael scored her school-record 68th goal of the season and moved into second in MPSF history for single-season goals. Her 99 points are also a USC record and fifth in MPSF history.
- Senior midfielder Amanda Johansen scored four goals for her 22nd-career game with three or more goals.
- Junior attacker Kylie Drexel tied her career high with three assists.
- Junior attacker Cynthia Del Core scored her sixth-career game with three goals of more. She finished with a hat trick.