Trojan Offense Breaks Through with 3-1 Victory at Pacific

    Andrews netted her first two goals as a Trojan - 2 PKs.
    Sept. 18, 2015

    Final Stats

    STOCKTON, Calif. – The Trojans took a first half goal from Sydney Johnson and never looked back, padding their lead over Pacific with two second-half penalty kicks by Morgan Andrews to coast to a 3-1 lead over the Tigers on Friday evening.

    The Trojans (4-3-1) outshot their opponent by a large margin for the third-straight match, this time 23-2 over the Tigers (1-5-1).

    Jamie Fink led the Trojans with four shots, while five other Trojans had multi-shot nights. The Trojans had possession and were in the driver’s seat from the opening whistle, taking five shots and earning four corner kicks in the first 17 minutes of play.

    In the 33rd minute, super sub S. Johnson, who leads the team with three goals, put the Trojans on the board when she took a pass from Mandy Freeman at the left corner of the box and it a nice shot that hit far post across the box to give the Trojans the lead.

    At the end of the first half, the Trojans had 11 shots to the Tigers’ zero. The Trojans also had a season-high five corners in just the first half alone.

    In the second half, both sides took advantage of penalty kick opportunities. In the 71st minute, the Trojans drew a whistle in the box, setting up an Andrews finish to give them a 2-0 lead. The goal was the first of her Trojan career.

    Then in the 77th minute, Sydney Sladek was taken out on a hard foul on the left side of the box by Pacific’s Courtney Callister who was issued a yellow card. That set up another penalty kick opportunity for the junior Andrews who connected on her second goal in six minutes to push the Trojans ahead, 3-1. It was Andrews’ first multi-goal game of her career.



    However, the Tigers wanted in on the penalty kick action as well, and when Trojan Abigail Callahan was whistled for the takedown in the box and issued a yellow card, they had their shot. Alex Hussar delivered the penalty kick finish to put the Tigers on the board with their first shot, 3-1.

    The Tigers’ only other shot came in the 83rd minute on a strike by Taylor Ayers.

    Trojan goalkeeper Sammy Jo Prudhomme did not record a save in the victory.

    The Trojans will be back in action on Sunday, September 20, with an 11 a.m. match at Saint Mary’s in Moraga, Calif.