March 15, 2017
The USC women’s swimming and diving team opened up the 2017 NCAA Championships in the 800y free relay with an 11th-place finish on Wednesday night (March 15) at the IU Natatorium in Indianapolis, Ind.
The Trojans quartet of freshmen Louise Hansson, Tatum Wade, Stanzi Moseley and sophomore Kirsten Vose touched in 6:59.47, 0.94 out of a top 8 finish.
Hansson opened the race with a 1:42.48, not far off her 200y free record of 1:42.10 she set at Pac-12s in February.
The 11th-place finish ends a seven-year streak of top 8 finishes for the Trojans in the relay.
The NCAAs continue over the next three days with prelims at 7 a.m. PT and finals at 3 p.m. PT.
NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP INFORMATION
* Prelims will begin at 7 a.m. (PT) each day with finals at 3 p.m. (PT).
* Click HERE for the host site.
* Click HERE for live results.
* Click HERE for links to live streaming coverage of Wednesday and Thursday finals and Thursday, Friday and Saturday prelims.
* Click HERE for the psych sheet.
* Click HERE for a links for ESPN3's live coverage of Friday's finals and HERE Saturday's finals.
* Tape delayed coverage of the championships will be broadcast on ESPNU at 4 p.m. (PT), March 28 for the women's championships and at 2 p.m. (PT), April 5, for the men's championships.