WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. UC Irvine|
The Women of Troy fell to 0-3 to start the season
Aug. 27, 2016
- USC lost to UC Irvine for the first time in 13 all-time meetings and fell to 12-1 against the Anteaters.
- The Trojans start a season 0-3 for the first time since 1990 and for only the third time in program history (1986, 1990). It is the first time USC has started 0-3 at home since 1986.
- The Anteaters became just the sixth non-conference opponent to claim a victory over the Trojans at the Galen Center. The other five teams to hold that distinction are Hawai'i (2008, 2009), Texas A&M (2014), Florida (2014), Marquette (2016), and Santa Clara (2016).
- USC's three-match losing streak is the longest since a four-match streak from Nov. 12-23, 2014.
- The Trojans entered the Baden Invitational with an undefeated record against the tourney's foes and suffered first-time losses to each opponent.
- Freshman OH Khalia Lanier posted her second straight double-digit kills match.
- Lanier was named to the Baden Invitational All-Tournament Team.