WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. UALR|
The Women of Troy got six service aces and 10 kills from junior outside Samantha Bricio
Aug. 30, 2014
- The USC Trojans win their first meeting with the Arkansas-Little Rock Trojans.
- The Women of Troy recorded a 92-percent sideout rate in the fourth set and had just one error (15k) on 35 swings for a .400 hitting percentage.
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio put up six service aces in a single match for the fourth time in her career. It was also the ninth time she has posted at least five and the 19th time that she has had at least three aces in the same match.
- Bricio pushed her career service aces total to 139 to move into fourth place, ahead of Janice Johnson’s 136 (1982-85) on USC’s career ladder. She needs one ace to tie Alex Jupiter (2008-11) who had 140 in her career for third place. April Ross (2000-03) sits in second place with 161 and Nancy Hillman (1985-88) is USC’s all-time leader with 170 career aces.
- Senior OH Emily Young put up a career-high 10 kills and led the Trojans in both the third and fourth sets with five kills in each.
- Bricio logged her 23rd-career double-double with 10 kills and 12 digs. It was her first of the season.
- Senior setter Hayley Crone posted her first double-double of the season with 20 assists and 13 digs; the 14th of her career.