WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Rice|
The Women of Troy clinched their sixth consecutive win on a 3-1 victory over the Owls
Sept. 10, 2016
- USC won its first-ever meeting with Rice.
- The Trojans claimed the Rice Adidas Invitational title with a 3-0 record on the weekend.
- The Women of Troy extended their winning streak to six consecutive matches.
- USC improved to 3-0 in matches played in the city of Houston.
- Senior MB Elise Ruddins, junior OPP Brittany Abercrombie, and freshman OH Khalia Lanier were chosen to the all-tournament team. Ruddins was named MVP of the tourney.
- The USC victory brings head coach Mick Haley just two wins from reaching his 400th at USC (398-98). It also puts the program at just five wins from reaching the 1,000-win threshold.
- Five Trojans scored double-digit points; four reached double digits in kills, and four reached double digits in digs.
- Ruddins had a career-high nine blocks (one solo) and a career-best .688 hitting percentage (12-1-16).
- Lanier logged her fifth double-double of the season with 17 kills and 13 digs.
- Junior OPP Niki Withers set a new career mark with a .526 hitting percentage (10-0-19).
- Senior L Taylor Whittingham had 25 digs for her eighth match in double digits this season; her third over the 20-dig mark.
- Senior S Alice Pizzasegola had her first double-double of the season with 23 assists and 10 digs; the seventh of her career.