WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. Texas A&M|
The Women of Troy suffered their first loss this season at the hands of a determined Aggie squad
Sept. 11, 2014
- USC fell to 8-1 in its all-time series against Texas A&M.
- Texas A&M is only the second non-conference foe to defeat the Trojans in the Galen Center. Previously, USC had only suffered losses to UCLA, Washington, Stanford, and Oregon from the Pac-12, and Hawaii during NCAA tournament matches. The Trojans also dropped to 2-1 all-time in matches against Southeastern Conference teams at Galen Center.
- USC had its six-match winning streak snapped.
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio logged the 21st match of her career in which she has had three service aces or more. It is the fourth time this season that she has reached the mark. She now has 152 career aces and needs just nine more to tie April Ross for second all-time in USC history.
- Bricio scored her fourth double-double this season with 20 kills and 17 digs; the 26th of her career.
- Freshman OH Lauryn Gillis posted her second double-double this season with 15 kills and 10 digs.
- Sophomore setter Alice Pizzasegola notched the second double-double match of her career and finished with 30 assists and 10 digs.