WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Oklahoma|
The Women of Troy won their 11th straight match and had four players in double-digit kills
Sept. 17, 2015
- USC improved to 4-0 in all-time matches against Oklahoma.
- The Trojans won their first set with the Sooners to extend their streak to 30 consecutive set victories, which tied a 30-set streak last set between Nov. 8 and Dec. 13, 2002.
- With 19 kills in the match, senior OH Samantha Bricio crossed the 1,600-kill plateau (now with 1,605) and became one of just six Trojans ever to collect that many kills in a career.
- Junior libero Taylor Whittingham had 19 digs to log her 10th match with double-digit digs.
- Freshman OH Alyse Ford set a new career mark with 13 kills.
- Senior MB Alicia Ogoms finished with a career-high 16.0 points and had a season-best 11 kills. She also matched her career-high for blocks with eight.
- The Women of Troy had four players with double-digit kills for the first time since Oct. 30, 2013; a five-set victory over Stanford in Stanford, Calif. In that match, Bricio had 16, Ebony Nwanebu had 21, Alexis Olgard had 15, and Sara Shaw had 12 kills.