WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. Wisconsin|
The Women of Troy lost their third straight to a tough Badger squad at Alaska Airlines Arena in Seattle
Sept. 18, 2014
- USC dropped to 3-5 in its all-time series against Wisconsin and has now lost the last four meetings with the Badgers.
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio had six service aces in a single match for the fifth time in her career. It was also the 10th match of her career with at least five service aces, and was the 21st time she has had at least three in a single match. Bricio has served at least one ace in each of USC’s matches this season.
- Bricio logged a season-best 22 digs, which was one shy of matching her career mark.
- With 11 kills and 22 digs, Bricio posted her fifth double-double of the season; the 27th of her career.
- As a team, USC recorded 10 service aces in a match for the second time this season. The Trojans have also had two other matches with nine aces.
- The Trojans lost in the state of Washington for the fourth straight match. USC last won in the Evergreen State on Sept. 30, 2012; a three-set sweep over Washington State.
- USC’s three-match losing streak is its longest since it lost three in a row from Oct. 30 through Nov. 6 of 2009.