WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Stanford|
Senior outside hitter Samantha Bricio scored a career-high 34.0 points to power the Women of Troy to victory
Sept. 27, 2015
- USC won the 86th meeting between the two schools and improved to 26-59-1 all-time against Stanford. The Trojans are 6-4 in the last 10 matches with the Cardinal, and won on The Farm for the seventh time in program history; the fourth time under head coach Mick Haley.
- The Women of Troy are 14-0 to start a season for the fourth time under Haley and are off to the program's best start since 2006 when USC started the season 17-0.
- The Trojans finished with 14.0 blocks, over the 10-block mark for the fourth straight match and for the sixth time this season. The 14 blocks matches a season-high mark set against North Carolina in the season opener.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio had a career-high 34.0 points and finished with a season-high 27 kills (8e, 68att, .279), five service aces, and four blocks.
- Bricio's 27 kills gives her 1,655 career kills and moved her ahead of Lonise Norfleet (1987-90; 1,636 kills) for fifth place at USC. She ranks 35th in Pac-12 history.
- Bricio's five service aces in the match marked the 17th time that she has had five or more aces in the same match. It is also the 34th time in her career that she has had three aces or more in the same match.
- With 10 digs, Bricio logged her fourth double-double match of the season and the 45th of her career.
- Junior setter Alice Pizzasegola had a season-high 34 assists in the match.
- With 12 kills, freshman OH Alyse Ford had her fifth straight match in double digits for kills; her seventh this season. Ford's 13.5 points are a new career mark.
- Senior MB Alicia Ogoms set a new career high with nine blocks (all assists) and finished with 12.5 points with eight kills.
- Freshman DS Victoria Garrick tied her career high with 14 digs.