WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Colorado|
Six Women of Troy scored double-digit points to help USC earn its first Pac-12 victory of the season
Sept. 30, 2016
- USC improved to 13-0 in all-time meetings against Colorado. The Buffaloes remain the only team in the Pac-12 that the Trojans have never lost to.
- The Trojans snapped a short two-match skid in Pac-12 matches; the first-such streak since the 2014 season.
- The victory is USC's 998th all-time and put the Trojans just two wins from reaching 1,000 all-time.
- Senior L Taylor Whittingham returned from a two-match absence to start the match and finished with 19 digs. She also had a career-high eight assists.
- Freshman OH Khalia Lanier recorded her sixth-career double-double with 19 kills and 18 digs. The 18 digs set a new career mark for Lanier.
- Junior S Nikki Leonard posted her first double-double as a Trojan with 30 assists and 14 digs. It was her third-career double-double. She had two at Gonzaga.
- Junior MB Jordan Dunn had career highs with 12.5 points and nine kills; and a season-high seven blocks.
- Junior OPP Niki Withers had season highs with 18.5 points and 16 kills; and matched her career best with five blocks.
- Junior OPP Brittany Abercrombie matched her season best with 15 kills.
- Six different Trojans reached double-digit points.