WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Stanford|
Natalie Hagglund became USC's all-time career leader in digs as the Trojans beat the Cardinal in five on The Farm
Oct. 30, 2013
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund became the program's all-time leader in career digs as she posted a season-high 36 to reach 2,095. Hagglund passed UCLA's Chrissie Zartman (2,064 digs; 2001-04) and Trojan great Debora Seilhamer (2,071 digs; 2003-06) to move into fifth place in the Pac-12 career record books.
- Natalie Hagglund posted the eighth 30-dig match of her career, and the first of 2013.
- Hagglund's 36 digs ties with five other performances for eighth place in a single-match by a USC player. Others to reach that mark include Debora Seilhamer, Alli Hillgren, Katie Haller, and Megan McCallister.
- USC defeated Stanford in Stanford, Calif., for the first time since 2006. It is also the first time that the Cardinal lost a match since Dec. 3, 2011, when it fell to Michigan during the NCAA tournament.
- The Trojans swept the regular-season series from Stanford for the first time since 2003 and for only the third time in program history (2000, 2003, 2013).
- USC improved to 25-57-1 in its all-time series with Stanford and has now won five of the last six meetings including three straight. It is the Trojans' longest winning streak against the Cardinal since it won four straight from 2002-04. USC also improved to 6-34 when facing Stanford on the road.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had two service aces to run her streak of matches with at least one ace to 13. She has only been held without an ace in one match, this season (Eastern Washington).
- Bricio had 16 kills and a career-high 23 digs to log her sixth double-double of the season (fourth in a row) and the 17th of her career.
- Senior OH Sara Shaw logged her fifth double-double of the year (13th of her career) with 12 kills and a season-high 17 digs.
- Senior MB Alexis Olgard matched her career high with 15 kills.
- Junior setter Hayley Crone recorded her first double-double of the season (12th of her career) with 38 assist and a season-high 17 digs (one shy of her career record).
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu had 21 kills to match her career/season high.
- The Trojans posted the most digs in a match, this season with 104.
- USC out-hit its opponent for the 20th time in 22 matches.