WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Arizona|
The Women of Troy lost their first road match of the season in a five-set decision against the Wildcats
Nov. 2, 2016
- USC fell to 62-21 in all-time meetings with Arizona and dropped two straight to the Wildcats for the first time since 2001. It is also only the third time in series history that Arizona has swept the season series against USC (1986, 2001, 2016).
- The Trojans dropped their first road/neutral match of the season and fell to 7-1 in non-home matches.
- The Women of Troy fell to 2-1 in five-set matches this season. It is USC's first five-set loss since it fell to Kansas in the NCAA regional final in December 2015 (San Diego, Calif.).
- Freshman OH Khalia Lanier recorded her 11th double-double of the season with 18 kills and 11 digs. She also scored her 22nd double-digit points match of the season.
- Senior libero Taylor Whittingham registered her 20th match this season in double digits for digs (23); her ninth over the 20-dig mark.
- Whittingham's 23 digs gives her 1,609 career digs and makes her just the fourth Trojan to record that many digs in a career. She is now within 94 digs of third place in USC's all-time record books (Katie Haller, 1990-93; 1,702 digs).
- Junior setter Reni Meyer-Whalley had 21 assists and 13 digs to record her fifth-career double-double.