WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. Oregon|
The Women of Troy were led by freshman outside hitter Ebony Nwanebu who had 10 kills and hit .450
Nov. 8, 2013
- The Trojans improved to 49-9 (24-4 at home) in their all-time series against the Ducks and are now 9-1 in the last 10 meetings.
- USC sweeps the regular-season series against Oregon for the first time since 2011 and produced a pair of regular-season 3-0 wins against the Ducks for the first time since 2009.
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund (16 digs) moved into a fourth-place tie with Stanford’s Gabi Ailes (2007-10) for career digs in Pac-12 history and now has 2,147. She needs 51 to tie Katie Swoboda (Oregon, 2005-08) for third in Pac-12 career history (2,198).
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio went without a service ace for just the second match this season (Oregon, Eastern Washington), which snapped a 14-match streak in which she had at least one.
- The Trojans out-blocked the Ducks, 9-6, to mark the 18th match this season that they have out-blocked their opponent. USC has only posted fewer blocks than an opponent four times, this year.
- USC out-hit its opponent for the 22nd time in 24 matches.