WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. Oregon State|
Senior middle blocker Alexis Olgard logged eight kills and hit .571 to go with four blocks against Oregon State
Nov. 10, 2013
- The Trojans defeated Oregon State for the 10th consecutive time and ran their set streak to 29 straight since a five-set victory in 2008.
- USC improves to 47-8 in its all-time series with OSU and is now 24-3 in home matches against the Beavers.
- The Trojans swept all 12 sets in regular-season matches from both Oregon and Oregon State for the first time since 2004.
- USC’s fourth-straight victory is the team’s third longest winning streak, this season.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio scored two service aces to move into a sixth-place tie (Ashley Ivy, Stanford, 2002) in Pac-12 history for aces in a single season with 63. Bricio also moved into an eighth-place tie with Tracy Clark (1982-85) for career aces at USC (106).
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund (18 digs) logged her 20th straight match with double-digit digs and moved within 33 digs (2,165) to tie Katie Swoboda (Oregon, 2005-08) for third in Pac-12 career history (2,198).
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu posted her fourth straight match with double-digit kills and tied with Samantha Bricio with her 15th match in double digits, this season.
- USC improved to 102-11 (.903) in all-time matches at the Galen Center.
- The Trojans out-blocked the Beavers, 10-5, to mark the 19th match this season that they have out-blocked their opponent. USC has only posted fewer blocks than an opponent four times, this year.
- USC out-hit its opponent for the 23rd time in 25 matches.