WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Washington|
Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had 21 kills and 15 digs in the Trojans' four-set loss to Washington
Nov. 15, 2013
- USC dropped to 38-21 in its all-time series with Washington.
- Washington has now won eight of its last nine matches against USC in Seattle. The Trojans won in 2011 and before that, last won in 2004. Overall, USC falls to 15-13 against the Huskies in the Emerald City.
- Washington won its 13th straight match and stayed undefeated at home, this season, at 11-0.
- It is the first time that Washington has swept the regular-season series since 2008 when the Huskies produced a pair of wins. USC swept the regular-season series in 2011.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had one service ace to move into a sixth-place tie with Katie Haller (1990-93) and Megan McCallister (1987-90) for career aces at USC (107). It is her 24th match this season with at least one service ace.
- Bricio logged her eighth double-double this season and the 19th of her career (21 kills and 15 digs).
- Bricio’s 21 kills are a season-high mark.
- USC was out-hit by its opponent for just the third time in 26 matches, this season.