WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Arizona State|
The Women of Troy won their fourth five-set road match of the season in Tempe
Nov. 22, 2015
- USC improved to 65-13-1 all-time against Arizona State and swept the regular-season series with the Sun Devils for the first time since 2013.
- The Women of Troy won their seventh straight match and are undefeated in the month of November (7-0).
- USC played its fourth five-set match of the season (all road contests) and won for the fourth time. The previous three victories were at Stanford (Sept. 27), at Colorado (Oct. 9), and at Washington State (Nov. 1).
- The Trojans improved to 95-9 all-time when ranked No. 1 in the coaches' poll.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio moved one spot into seventh place in Pac-12 history for career kills (1,966). She went ahead of Madi Kingdon (Arizona, 2011-14) who had 1,943 kills in her career. Bricio is now in line to become just the seventh player in conference history to reach the 2,000-kill mark.
- Bricio served four aces against the Sun Devils and had three or more aces in a single match for the 42nd time in her career.
- With 17 digs, Bricio recorded her 14th double-double of the season (54th of her career).
- Freshman setter Baylee Johnson had 35 assists and 12 digs to produce her 15th double-double of the year.
- Junior libero Taylor Whittingham had her 18th straight match in double-digit digs and finished with 14. It is her 28th match in double digit digs this season.
- USC had four players reach double-digit digs including Bricio (17), Whittingham (14), and Johnson (12). Freshman defender Victoria Garrick had her 15th match in double digits and finished with 10 digs.