WVB Post-Match Notes: USC at Washington State|
USC senior libero Taylor Whittingham became just the third Trojan to collect 1,700 career digs
Nov. 23, 2016
- USC fell to 48-14 in all-time matches against Washington State and had a four-match win streak over the Cougars snapped.
- The Trojans and the Cougars played their fourth five-set match in the teams' last six meetings. The last USC loss to WSU was also a five-set affair at Bohler Gym in 2013.
- The Women of Troy lost to both of the Pac-12 teams it faced only once each this season (Washington and WSU).
- Freshman OH Khalia Lanier set new career highs with 27 kills, 67 attacks, and 29.0 points.
- Lanier recorded her 28th double-digit points match of the season.
- Lanier also had 12 digs to produce her 14th double-double this season.
- Senior libero Taylor Whittingham registered her 26th match this season in double digits for digs (19).
- Whittingham's 19 digs gives her 1,705 career digs and moves her into third place in USC's all-time record books ahead of Katie Haller (1,702 digs; 1990-93). Only All-American liberi Natalie Hagglund (2,362 digs; 2010-13) and Debora Seilhamer (2,071 digs; 2003-06) have more digs in USC program history.