WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs Arizona State|
Senior libero Natalie Hagglund had 23 digs for the Trojans who got 14 kills from freshman outside Elise Ruddins
Nov. 24, 2013
- With today’s win, USC improves to 63-12-1 all-time against Arizona State and is 31-4 at home.
- The Trojans have won 18 straight home matches against the Sun Devils who have not beaten USC in Los Angeles since a five-set victory on Oct. 13, 1995, in USC’s North Gym.
- It is USC’s first regular-season sweep of the Sun Devils since 2011; the first time since 2007 that the Trojans have produced a pair of 3-0 sweeps against ASU.
- The Trojans out-hit the Sun Devils, .244 to .100. It is the 26th time in 29 matches that USC has posted a better hitting percentage than its opponent.
- USC won its fourth straight home match and improved to 104-11 (.904) all-time at the Galen Center.
- Sophomore OH Samantha Bricio had two service aces to push her season total to 70 and made her just the fourth player in Pac-12 history to reach that mark in a single season. It is Bricio’s 27th match (out of 29) with at least one service ace.
- Senior libero Natalie Hagglund had her 24th straight match in double digits for digs. It is also her 10th match this season with 20 digs or more.
- Freshman OH Elise Ruddins led the team in scoring (14.5 points) for the third time this season and reached double digits in kills for the first time since she posted 24 and 14 in matches on Sept. 14.
- Freshman OH Ebony Nwanebu reached double digits in kills (11 against ASU) for the eighth straight match.