WVB Post-Match Notes: USC vs. UCLA|
The Women of Troy had their seven-match winning streak snapped by the Bruins at Galen Center
Nov. 25, 2015
- USC fell to 56-50 in all-time matches with UCLA and to 21-20 in home matches (6-4 at the Galen Center).
- The Women of Troy had their seven-match winning streak snapped and lost for the first time in the month of November (7-1).
- The Trojans dropped the first set of a match at Galen Center for the first time this season, and lost a match at home for the first time in 2015.
- USC played in back-to-back five-set matches for the first time since it played three in a row in the NCAA tournament to end the 2011 season (Dec. 9 at Hawai'i, Dec. 10 vs. Pepperdine, Dec. 15 vs. Illinois).
- The Trojans fell to 95-10 all-time when ranked No. 1 in the coaches' poll.
- USC set a new program record for attendance at a home match with 6,346 at the Galen Center. The previous record was 5,385 set on Sept. 9, 2011, in a 3-0 loss to UCLA at the Galen Center.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio had 23 kills and 13 digs to record her 15th double-double of the season (55th of her career).
- Freshman setter Baylee Johnson had 29 assists and 15 digs to produce her team-leading 16th double-double of the year; her seventh in the last nine contests.
- Junior libero Taylor Whittingham had her 19th straight match in double-digit digs and finished with 17. It is her 29th match in double-digit digs this season.
- Sophomore OPP Brittany Abercrombie had a career-high 10 digs.
- USC had five players reach double-digit digs including Bricio (13), Whittingham (17), Abercrombie (10) and Johnson (15). Freshman defender Victoria Garrick had her 16th match in double digits and finished with 14 digs.