Dec. 3, 2015
Final Stats |
- USC improved to 2-0 in all-time meetings with Cleveland State. The last time the two teams met, the Trojans took a 2-0 win in 1984.
- The Women of Troy improved to 15-2 in NCAA tournament matches played at the Galen Center and moved to 17-1 in home matches this season. USC also improved to 74-29 in all-time NCAA tourney matches and earned the program's 120th all-time postseason victory (120-36).
- The Trojans advanced to the second round of the NCAA tournament for the 15th time under head coach Mick Haley and for the 25th consecutive time since 1991.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio moved into fifth place in Pac-12 history for career kills and now has 2,026 in her career. With her fourth kill against the Vikings, Bricio passed Alix Klineman (Stanford, 2007-10) who had 2,008 career kills.
- Bricio was held without a service ace for just the fourth match this season.
- With 21 kills and 14 digs, Bricio produced her 16th double-double of the season (56th of her career).
- Junior MB Elise Ruddins had a career-high eight blocks (one solo).
- Freshman setter Baylee Johnson tallied 29 assists and 11 digs for her team-leading 17th double-double of the season.
- The Trojans had four players in double-digit digs led by junior libero Taylor Whittingham who had 18. Freshman defender Victoria Garrick had 13 digs while Bricio (14) and Johnson (11) rounded out the quartet.