Dec. 4, 2015
Final Stats |
- • USC improved 10-1 in all-time matches with San Diego including 6-0 in NCAA tournament matches.
- The Women of Troy improved to 16-2 in NCAA tournament matches played at the Galen Center and finished with an 18-1 record in home matches this season. USC also improved to 75-29 in all-time NCAA tourney matches and 121-36 in all-time postseason contests.
- The Trojans advanced to the regional semifinals of the NCAA tournament for the 11th time in 15 seasons under head coach Mick Haley. Of the 10 previous times USC has advanced to the regional semifinals under Haley, it has gone on to make appearances in the regional final nine times.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio set new USC single-season marks for points (750.0) and service aces (86). For points, she went in front of Asia Kaczor who had 745.5 points in 2007. For aces, she beat two of her own single-season records (85 in 2013, 84 in 2014). The 750.0 points is fifth most in Pac-12 single-season history and the 86 aces is third most in the conference record books.
- Bricio served three aces against the Toreros to mark the 43rd time in her career that she has served three or more aces in a single match.
- Junior libero Taylor Whittngham supplanted her own eighth-place mark of 539 digs in a single season and now again owns the eighth-place record with 570 digs this season.