Dec. 6, 2014
Final Stats |
- USC had its streak of four straight appearances in the NCAA regional semifinals snapped. The Trojans have failed to advance to the regional semis just four times in 14 seasons under head coach Mick Haley.
- The Trojans fell to 2-1 all-time against North Carolina (wins in 1999 and 2009), and dropped to 3-1 in all matches played in the state of North Carolina.
- USC's postseason record fell to 119-36 (.768) with a 73-29 (.716) record in NCAA matches.
- Junior OH Samantha Bricio finished with 20 kills and 10 digs for her 19th double-double outing this season and the 41st of her career.
- Bricio recorded her 514th kill of the season and jumped two spots into a sixth-place tie in USC's single-season record book (Alex Jupiter, 2011). Only four other Trojans have registered 500 kills or more in a single season (Bibiana Candelas, Jupiter, Asia Kaczor, and Jennifer Kessy).
- Bricio scored her 628.5th point of the season and moved into third all-time in USC single-season history. Only All-American Asia Kaczor OH has ever scored more points in one season (2006 and 2007) in a Trojans' uniform.
- Sophomore libero Taylor Whittingham finished with 23 digs and had her 27th match of the season in double digits for digs; her 14th match over the 20-dig mark.
- Whittingham finished the season with 571 digs to tie USC's fifth-best single season total set by All-American Debora Seilhamer (2004).