Dec. 12, 2015
Final Stats |
- The win over Creighton allows USC to advance to the NCAA regional championship match for the fifth time in six seasons and for the first time since 2013.
- The Women of Troy improved to 76-29 in NCAA tourney matches and to 122-36 in all-time postseason matches.
- This is the 10th time under the direction of head coach Mick Haley that USC has advanced to the NCAA regional championship in his 15 years at Troy.
- The Trojans improved to 3-0 all-time against Creighton and had defeated the Bluejays, 3-0, earlier this fall. USC and Creighton are also already scheduled to play each other again in the fall of 2016.
- The Bluejays were making the Big East Conference's first appearance in an NCAA regional semifinal match since St. John's went as far in 2007. That year, USC was also responsible for taking out the Big East representative, with a 3-2 five-set win.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio scored her 88th ace of the season to break a 29-year-old mark and moved into second all-time in Pac-12 history for single-season service aces. She went in front of Stanford's Teresa Smith who had 87 aces in 1986 and is just three aces from matching the conference's all-time single-season record held by UCLA's Daiva Tomkus of 91 aces (1987).
- Bricio finished the match with 23 kills and 14 digs to produce her 17th double-double of the season and the 57th-such match of her career.
- Freshman setter Baylee Johnson had 32 assists and a career-high 17 digs for her team-leading 18th double-double of the season. She also scored a new career-high of three service aces.
- Junior libero Taylor Whittngham jumped two spots on the USC single-season digs ladder and moved into sixth place with 591.
- Senior MB Alicia Ogoms led all players with eight blocks and moved three spots in USC's single-season record books and sits at second place with 178 this year. The school record in a single season is 180 held by Jamie Hatchett (1988).