Dec. 13, 2015
Final Stats |
- USC and Kansas faced each other for the first time.
- The Women of Troy fell to 76-30 in NCAA tourney matches and 122-37 in all-time postseason matches.
- Senior OH Samantha Bricio became USC's single-season record holder for kills with 668. She passed Asia Kaczor who had 659 in 2007. With 1,615 attacks, Bricio now also holds the Trojans' single-season record for attempts.
- Bricio finished the match with 25 kills and 12 digs to produce her 18th double-double of the season and the 58th-such match of her career.
- Senior MB Alicia Ogoms became USC's single-season record holder for blocks with 183 this season. She passed Jamie Hatchett who had 180 in 1988.
- Sophomore OPP Brittany Abercrombie had 10 kills and 11 digs for her first-career double-double.
- Freshman setter Baylee Johnson had a career-high 45 assists with 15 digs for her team-leading 19th double-double of the season. She also had a career-best six blocks (one solo).
- Junior libero Taylor Whittingham finished the season with 611 digs, which is fifth in USC's single-season record books. She is only the third Trojan ever to reach 600 digs in a season. All-Americans Debora Seilhamer and Natalie Hagglund are the other two.
- Freshman defender Victoria Garrick had a career-high 23 digs.
- USC had five players in double-digit digs including Garrick (23), Whittingham (19), Johnson (15), Bricio (12), and Abercrombie (11). The most in a single match this season.
- For the first time this season, USC recorded more kills than an opponent but failed to win the match.
- USC's 33 victories are the most in a season since the 2003 squad went undefeated (35-0) to win the NCAA championship.